Nightmare City - PVE
Disclaimer: This only covers fundamental aspects of the game mode. There are hidden aspects not stated here.
The Nightmare City game mode is Player-Versus-Environment (PVE) based.
In Nightmare City players will be able to fight the Vrykos in an increasing difficulty. By completing a level, players will receive Dream Power for their heroes for the current stage they are in. After clearing a stage the player will receive additional rewards.
There are 5 difficulty levels in the Nightmare City. Players consume Nightmare Orbs to enter each level. (Nightmare orbs will not be consumed for the very first time you unlock each level, after that they will always be consumed)
Here are the 5 levels, from the least challenging to the most challenging, with the number of Nightmare Orbs required for each level：
- Beginner 1 Nightmare Orb
- Intermediate 2 Nightmare Orbs
- Elite 4 Nightmare Orbs
- Epic 8 Nightmare Orbs
- Legendary 16 Nightmare Orbs
The Nightmare City
The infinite leaderboard will keep track of the furthest reach of each player in the nightmare city allowing players to earn special rewards depending on how far they are able to reach.
After each battle you are able to choose between 3 different random buffs to carry into the next battles. These will reset upon finishing a stage.
You can use the hero revival item(Scroll of Revival) to revive all of you heroes that died during the battles.
There are 4 different types of stages you can land on: Monster, Chest, Heal, and Shops.
- Monster stages will have you battle against a team of Vrykos. Note that you don’t heal after a battle.
- Heal stages will allow you to heal 1 injured hero.
- Chest stages will reward you random items
- Shops will allow you to use FINA to buy rare items at a better price if the Suspicious Dealer is feeling generous.